Your Prejudice and God’s Justice
June 13/14, 2020
God did not give us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power, of love and of a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7)
God wants us to have power in our living, love in our relationships and a calmness in our
thinking that clearly comes from above.
My people are destroyed for their lack of knowledge. (Hosea 4:6)
“Come now, let us reason together” says the Lord. (Isaiah 1:18)
- All white Christians believe in sin.
- Almost all white Christians believe that racism exists and is a sin.
- But hardly any white Christians believe the sin of racism exists within them…and thinking we are not a part of the problem IS the problem.Search me O God and know my heart…And see if there is any wicked way in me and lead me in the way everlasting.
(Psalm 139:23-24)It’s not about what you do have; it’s about what you don’t have to deal with.
“You can safely assume you’ve created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.”—Anne Lamott
And [God] hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth… (Acts 17:26)
The disciples were first called Christians at Antioch. (Acts 11:26)
Now in the church at Antioch there were prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Simeon called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen (who had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch) and Saul. (Acts 13:1)
If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face,and turn from their wicket ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14)
- Listen with humility. …If My people will humble themselves.
Whoever listens to a life-giving rebuke will be at home among the wise. Whoever ignores instruction hates himself, but anyone who heeds reproof gains. (Proverbs 15:31-32)
- Lean into God. …will pray and seek My face.
“But let justice roll on like a river, righteousness like a never-failing stream.” (Amos 5:24)
Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low, and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain… (Isaiah 40:4)
- Lead with confession and repentance. …turn from their wicked ways.
- Leave room for God to work. …then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.