So how have you enjoyed the Daily Acts journey so far? If what I’m seeing in the comments on the various messages, as well as the emails and texts I’ve received, I’d say that a significant segment of the people in our Journey community are Acting up! Meaning, they’re up early in the morning and digging into the New Testament book of Acts along with each pastor who guides the teaching time that particular day.
Here’s a sample of some of the feedback so far:
- Thank you for starting this daily devotional.
- Who knew one chapter could be so rich? Thanks for doing this. Can’t wait for tomorrow.
- Going to love this series!
- A great lesson Pastor Dustin. I found this chapter confusing when I first read it.
- Thank you, Pastor Randy, for this reminder of the power in the name of Jesus and for sharing your love of God’s Word.
- Very good teaching Jeremy.
And that’s just through the first few days! I’m so excited to see where God may take us as a church through this always impactful book. Our goal in the beginning, was to get to 3,000 subscribers on our YouTube channel. We went over 3,000 subscribers BEFORE Day 1! Messages are being viewed several hundred times the day each teaching is released, and every day afterwards adds hundreds of more views. I think we may be on to something here!
Let me say a couple (or three) things:
- I am so proud of our staff for putting in the extra work—and teaching, recording, editing and posting a message each day is a lot of work for a lot of people—to present a series like Daily Acts. I’m especially proud of each pastor who accepted multiple teaching assignments to even make a daily teaching series for an entire month possible. None of us have ever done anything like this before (teach through an entire book of the Bible every day in one month) and we didn’t know what to expect. But after I presented the idea to our pastors a few months ago, each one said, “I’m in. Let’s do it!” I love the willingness of our staff to always go the extra mile with a smile. And let me give a special shoutout to one special staff member in particular without whom we wouldn’t be able to do this at all: our Video Wizard Director, Mark Wilson. Mark is invaluable to nearly everything you see on a screen produced by Journey. Mark is truly that unseen, rarely speaking person behind the scenes who makes all of this work. I don’t know how he does it, but he just gets me…and Journey is a far, far better place because he’s here.
- Even though just a few of us have taught up to this point—and you will hear from more—you can already see the different gifts, heart, passions and perspectives of each pastor/teacher. And that is one of the things I love about the Body of Christ. We are not all alike, not by any means. We each bring different spiritual gifts, innate abilities and unique life experiences to the table…and that’s how it should be. You can (or you will) see and hear Pastor Dustin’s bold leadership, Pastor Randy’s enormous heart, Pastor Jeremy’s irresistible sincerity, Pastor Harvey’s quick-wit, Pastor Eddie’s insightful and inquisitive mind, and Pastor Christian’s growing scholarship. Each one of us possess different tools and temperaments, but every Journey teaching pastor shares a common goal: to equip (God’s) people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. (Ephesians 4:12-13)
- Finally, I am beyond blessed to serve a congregation that is hungry for the Word of God. The response we’ve seen so far tells me that people are ready and willing to go deeper, be challenged at a higher level, and apply biblical truth to their life in a world that is growing increasingly disconnected from sound scriptural doctrine. And I love that about you, Journey!
We’ve got a lot more ground to cover in our Daily Acts journey. I encourage you to stick with us in the days ahead. In so many ways, we’re truly just getting started.
Loving the Daily Acts Journey,