Christmas Time Is Here
December 20, 2017
Do you like a Charlie Brown Christmas? If you do, you’re going to love Christmas Eve services at Journey this weekend! From the unique music to the backstory of how the Charlie Brown special came to be, we will see how this all-time favorite animated cast of lovable losers can remind us of the simple message of Christmas.
Here are some final Christmas Eve Weekend prep thoughts and ideas:
- Have you invited someone to worship with you this weekend? It’s certainly not too late to text, call, email or ask in person that one that God has been bringing to mind. It could be as simple as sharing a post like this on your Facebook page.
If you’re in the Central Florida area and are looking for a place to worship this Christmas season, then I’d love to invite you to join me at Journey Christian Church Apopka for one of our 4 identical Christmas services. If you’re not going to be in the area, then we’d love to have you join us for Live Stream online during any of our weekend services at journeychristian.com/live.
- Are you available to serve at one of the services? We are preparing to host capacity crowds at all six of our Christmas Eve Weekend services (four in Apopka and two in Mount Dora). In order to host that many people well, most of whom will be guests, we need to be at full strength in our Connections Team, Worship Support, and Next Gen teams. Since there are two services on Saturday evening at our Apopka campus, and two each on Sunday morning at both our Mount Dora and Apopka campuses, you may serve at one and worship at one, especially if you are serving in children’s ministry. If you are available and willing to serve, please click here to support one of our Christmas Eve Weekend gatherings.
- Elementary-aged children and older will be in the worship service this weekend. I know that can sound like a hassle and unappealing if you are used to checking your children in to one of our Journey Kids environments, but I think the music, the special elements in the service and the message will engage older children. Everyone will receive a special “worship supply kit” when you enter the worship center that will contain among other things some crayons and a coloring page for younger kids–and if older kids want to color, no one is going to say anything as long as they don’t draw unflattering images of me!
- For families who need a little more room with their kids, there is another large viewing area where you can participate in the entire service at the Apopka campus. Adventureland Theater will be open for all four Christmas Eve Weekend services. This large room not only serves as a worship overflow space when the worship center reaches capacity, it also provides a very family friendly environment for parents with younger children. Pastors and volunteers will be in Adventureland Theater to assist you and help your family have the best worship experience possible.
- Expect an automated message from me to tell you about Christmas Eve Weekend services tomorrow evening starting at 5:30PM. So don’t be alarmed if “Journey Christian Church” pops up in your caller ID. And for those who aren’t a fan of that communication strategy, like the old Nicholas Cage movie, I’ll be gone in 30 seconds. (Or was that 60 seconds?)
- Finally, please pray every time you think of it between now and this weekend. Pray our Christmas Eve Weekend worship gatherings will be inspiring, helpful, encouraging and impactful for all who will be with us in person, and for those who will join us through our Live Stream experience.
If for some reason you are unable to attend any of our Christmas Eve Weekend services at either campus, we will re-broadcast the service in its entirety online at 5 & 7PM on Christmas Eve at http://journeychristian.com/live.
I love Christmas and I love Christmas Eve services. We always see a wave of new faces and a surprising number of faces we haven’t seen in a while. There is an opportunity in this season and every year, I pray, that we will be ready to make the most of it as many people are introduced to Journey and maybe even Jesus for the first time.
Thanks for partnering together to be a growing community of people on a life-changing journey with Jesus, where everybody’s welcome, nobody’s perfect, and through Jesus, anything’s possible.